I’ve been on the road to self-recovery and self-discovery for the last three years. I went through a very dark time, some days to the point where I questioned if I was on the right path.
There was a constant that kept gnawing at me. It was being happy and being positive and not wallowing in my sorrow and grief.
How did I do it? I did a mindset shift to think good of everything that came my way and learned to make lemonade from lemons. Here is what I did:
- Instead of being Vicki Victim, I turned it around to being free to find someone better for me, and better suited for me.
- I started enjoying my own company to the fullest extent. I went from the first year of saying “So, this is my Friday night gig…watching Property Brothers” to “I get to watch whatever the heck I want on Friday night and not have to share the remote!”
- I found friends and activities that I wanted to enjoy and nourish to heal my soul. No longer blocked by giving up my free time with giving to someone else, I started giving to me.
- I found I enjoyed my own company. Walking alone in the woods with my two standard poodles never felt so good. I could go at my own pace, smell the fresh air and heal my soul and spirit.
- I started entertaining at my home. I know. It’s Covid 19 time and no one is allowed over, but the fun I had with friends has made a lasting impression on my happiness. Have friends and family over is a beautiful balm for the soul.
In a nutshell, I started doing things I loved, that I had put off to make space for someone else.
I encourage you to do the same. If you are suffering from a heartbreak and need time to heal. Take it. Use it generously and be good to yourself. You deserve it. And when you are ready for dating coaching, please reach out to me and let’s work together.